Sunday, January 25, 2009

Once There was a Snowman

One day after I brought J home from preschool baby J had fallen asleep so I took advantage of the time to shovel off our driveway and front walk, then I helped J make a snowman. You have to realize that I grew up in CA and probably had the opportunity to make a snowman once when I was 5. I decided to build him on our little mound in the front yard. We rolled the first big ball for the bottom of the snowman and stood back to survey our work. So now I'm getting more confident in my snowman making skills and thinking, "This isn't hard". We trudge down to the bottom of the mound and start rolling the second ball. When it looks decently round I start lifting it up to stack it on. I hoist it up and start to realize that a ball of snow that big is really heavy! As I try to lift it on top of the other ball I am staggering backwards and my feet begin to go out from under me. J can see that I am seconds away from dropping her precious snowman body so she puts her hands on my leg to steady me. In the end frosty was born. The kids were sad to see him belly down after a storm we had two days later.

2 comments:

Dacia said...

That sounds like it would have made a great family home video!

Cheney Family said...

How fun! Your igloo is awesome too :) Brooke is soooo jealous right now lol.