Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Aunt Melba

On Tuesday, January 27th I got the sad call that my aunt Melba had passed away. She is my mother's oldest sister and is the neatest lady. She raised eight children, and supported her husband who was in the military while they lived in Puerto Rico and Turkey. She loved to have get-togethers and I have fond memories of summer reunions at her house in Utah. She even attempted to teach me to quilt during one of our visits. She was a wonderful example to me and will be greatly missed.

I'm glad we had the opportunity to go to Utah for her funeral. It was so nice to see all the family that we haven't seen in a long time.

My Dad with John

My Mom with John


The kids, of course, always find a way to have fun with their cousins. The hotel we stayed in had a really nice pool, so they had a good time.



No comments: