Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall Portraits

I have never been impressed with school pictures. I don't know why, but it seems that the photographer never actually looks at the child he is taking a picture of. You would think that they would figure out that the parents don't want a picture of their child wearing a winter coat or one with hair hanging down in their face. Nevertheless, every year, we end up with $20 worth of horrible pictures to be stored away in the closet. I've decided that I will no longer be pressured into buying something I don't want and have started taking my own "school" pictures. Although they may not be as professional, at least I can get a picture of them looking at the camera. I've also found that we can have an enjoyable time together during the photo shoot. (I'm taking Meghan's portraits this weekend so hers will follow soon).





3 comments:

Camille said...

they turned out great! John's smile is so cute!

The Clay's said...

So super cute!!! I'm excited to see you guys at Thanksgiving!!!

Dacia said...

I'm with you on the school photos! Love these photos. Your kids are so cute and you did a fabulous job!