Sunday, May 1, 2011

Must. Catch. Up.

I know, I'm way behind on the blogging. I think I've only posted once this year. Let's play a little catch-up.

February - Meghan as Betsy Ross
I got to try out my almost non-existent sewing skills when Meghan needed to dress up as Betsy Ross for a report she had to give at school. I only made the mop cap and apron and was able to find the skirt and shirt at DI.



March - Pinewood Derby
Anthony has been obsessed with cars since birth. He has wanted to make a derby car since he was four and has know exactly how he wanted it to look for years. Luckily my dad has every tool imaginable and was willing to let us use them all. Anthony is also blessed to have a dad who is very artistic and could outline the flames so he could paint them in.


3 comments:

Jackie Clove said...

Awesome car, Anthony!

Jackie Clove said...

Meghan makes a cute Betsy Ross! I love studying about historical figures in school. One of the kids' favorite things we did this year was to learn about Clara Barton, Susan B. Anthony, George Washington, and Abe Lincoln -- then make up and put on their own plays about them. It was so much fun that I've decided to incorporate more of the same next year.

KK said...

Jackie, that sounds so fun! You are an awesome teacher. Meghan really enjoyed learning about different historical figures this year.