Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dreaming of Spring . . .


The snow is starting to melt! Last week I got a gigantic seed catalog in the mail and had so much fun browsing through it. I can't wait to have fresh vegetables and flowers again! Only about three more months until we can plant here. It was kind of disappointing to see the limited varieties that we can get to grow (we are in Zone 3). I've decided I need to have a t-shirt made that says "Zone 10 - do not plant in areas where the minimum temperature is colder than 40 degrees". I so wasn't made for Idaho weather.

5 comments:

Dacia said...

Me either! I love that in California we had plants all year! Such a bummer here!

Camille said...

I agree! The flowers we can plant here are pretty, but I look at the pictures of the other types, and would love to see some of them around here! Right about now I'd love to see any bright colors!

Tiffany said...

could you print me one of those shirt too.

Jacilynn said...

Beautiful pics, did you take them? I've been ordering out of the seed/plant catalog too. Can't wait.

KK said...

Jaci,
I took those pictures at the gardens on the BYU-I campus (one of my favorite places to take pictures).