Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Life

It seems like too much of my life is spent being busy, frustrated, annoyed, pessimistic, or stressed out. I wish I would take time to stop and think about the many moments of joy that I experience along the way.
Those things that make you realize that it just doesn't get any better than this . . .

~ When you lift a baby out of their crib after a nap and with a huge smile on his face, he puts his arms around your neck and snuggles on your shoulder.
~ That I can watch the sunset out my kitchen window while doing the dinner dishes.
~ The first bulbs of spring.
~ Children's laughter.
~ When you make a new recipe for dinner and your kids actually like it.
~ A full nights uninterrupted sleep.
~ Little fingers, little toes.
~ When my children are nice to their siblings.
~ Dancing around with my kids while doing housework.
~ Wonderful hubby noticing and commenting when I lose weight or spend extra time cleaning.
~ Taking walks together as a family.
~ Cookies and Cream Ice Cream!
~ Kevin, Meghan, Anthony, Julia, John: they give me so much joy.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

So true, why is it we tend to focus on the negative when there is so much joy around us? Great post, thanks for the reminder to enjoy the little things.

Camille said...

Thanks Kim, I always need to be reminded that there is so much to enjoy in life, if we'll just focus on it.

Dacia said...

How come I can't picture you being pessimistic? I always see you as a very positive person! Thanks for the reminder that life is full of so many great things to be happy for!